Wednesday, January 8, 2014

On The Go

Small knitting projects are great to take on the go.   I almost always keep a small knitting project in my bag, tote or car just in case.   Most of the time on my lunch hour it's nice to get lost in a few rows and accomplish sometimes a little or sometimes oodles depending on the pattern.   

My bag of needles, small scissors and darning needle.  


This is the fancy ziploc baggie I use to carry the yarn and projects in the works.



Check out the free patterns at Skacel Yarns.  The patterns are free to download .   The luggage tags are great for using up left over sock yarn.   


I am working on ski hats.   After I block the hat I will be adding perhaps a pom pom and then braided ties. My thought for the ties will be braiding embroidery floss as I am thinking the yarn may be too thick.   By skipping the icord  on the top the option is there for either making them as Christmas ornaments or stringing them to make a garland. 

The possibilities are endless with these four patterns.  Maybe the luggage tag would make a great photo frame and mittens ornaments tree ornaments.    I will be sure to post the picks when I complete some of the hats and if you try any of these be sure to send me a pic I would love to see what you are working on.  



No comments:

Post a Comment