Friday, January 3, 2014


A wintery day on Cape Cod and the perfect day to finish up a mitten project.    Ravelry is a great knitting communtiy to browse, find new ideas, old ideas or just plain get motivated.



I made these mittens from a Sheep Mitten Pattern I downloaded from the designer Jorid Linvik.  This has been a lesson in changing colors and using two different sets of double pointed needles.  I started with metal needles and found them to be extremely frustrating. 

 The first mitten I used metal double pointed and they kept sliding out........at about 30 mph.    The second mitten I used bamboo needles which I prefer, but now the mitten is slightly different in size.   I did not add the red flowers or pink ears yet as I am undecided about adding the colors to the mittens.



The mitten I knitted with the bamboo needles is lightly larger and stitches a little looser.  Perhaps I was more relaxed not chasing the metal needles across the living room floor.  Also this pattern is one size.  To change the size you must change the weight of your yarn.  I used a sport weight with size two needles to get a slightly larger mitten.

Grab a cup of coffee and check out Ravelry it sure not to disappoint!



No comments:

Post a Comment